SINGLE POINT AUTOMATIC LUBRICATORS
Click on the images below to learn more ...
Deliver the right lubricant, in the right amount, to the right place, 24/7!
The single point lubricator is a good choice instead of a central lubrication system if there are few lubrication points spread over a wide area.
Add reliability to your lubrication program with dependable, automatic re-greasing
Incorrect or inadequate lubrication results in equipment damage that can lead to breakdown. In many cases, single point lubricators are the solution to this problem. With Single Point Automatic Lubricators filled with proper lubricants, you can deliver the right lubricant, in the right amount, to the right place, at the right time – 24/7. A Single Point Automatic Lubricator filled with the proper lubricants help eliminate costly manual lubrication. They literally pay for themselves by reducing downtime, part replacements, labor costs, and lubricant and machine contamination issues – all while increasing the safety of your operation.
The Single Point Lubricator (SPL) is an automatic lubricator widely used in modern manufacturing operation. Since their introduction more than 50 years ago, SPLs have undergone an extensive improvement process. Original spring-type lubricators (old compression grease cup) were replaced by gas charged automatic lubricators. The latest designs of battery-operated electro-mechanical lubricators are now replacing gas charged versions. These new SPLs offer more flexibility and reliability than their predecessors.
Advantages of a Single Point Lubricator (SPL):
- Reduce work place hazards. Keep employees safe in situations where bearings are cage enclosed and a lock-out/tag-out is required to simply grease a bearing. Instead, remote mount outside of cage. Machine gets greased while in operation. Keep exhaust fans properly lubricated without the risk to personnel (annual greasing instead of monthly). Hard to access bearings can now be properly greased with a remotely mounted SPL that can be easily monitored and changed out (conveyor systems, for example).
- Precise lubricant delivery. Automatic greasing puts the right amount of grease, in the right place, at the right time, using the correct grease. This means no lube mixing and a reduction in the amount of grease purchased.
- Improved machine reliability/availability. 50% of all bearing failures are due to lubrication issues. Properly lubricated bearings last longer and increase uptime and throughput. A reliable asset is a safer asset.
- Man-hour availability. Automatic greasing and SPLs free up personnel so they can do other more productive tasks related to maintenance and reliability-centered maintenance.
- Increase safety with installation in hard-to-access locations
- Environmental benefits: Automatic systems and SPLs keep the correct amount of grease in the bearing so high moisture areas, dusty and dirty applications, higher temperature assets and other environmental conditions have less of a negative impact. Keep dust and moisture out of the equipment with hermetically sealed lubrication points
- Automatic lubricators and SPLs work 24/7/365. Once installed and set correctly, these systems are never late, never sick, don’t take vacation and deliver consistent results time after time.
If you are trying to improve the reliability program at your facility, consider automatic lubrication and Single Point Lubricators as a simple place to start. You will see immediate benefits with improved bearing life, parts and labor reductions, less unscheduled downtime and increased production and profits.
For superior product information view the LE XPort Single Point Lubricator