8430-8450 Monolec® GFS Straight Grade Diesel Engine Oil
Broad-Range Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil Pays for Itself with All-Weather Performance, Wear Protection and Fuel Economy
Monolec Ultra® Syn Heavy Duty Engine Oil is a multiviscosity SAE 5W-40 synthetic oil for diesel engines that delivers outstanding year-round performance, fuel efficiency and extended drains. It has been formulated to exceed API’s CK-4 technology standards focusing on engine wear protection, oxidation stability, shear stability, resistance to aeration, and compatibility with low-emission engines. With its synthetic base oil and exclusive additive package, it provides reliable lubrication – even in low temperatures – without the shear stability and viscosity problems of conventional diesel engine oils. Its high viscosity index indicates less change in viscosity over a broad temperature range.
A primary advantage of 5W-40 vs. 15W-40 engine oil is better fuel economy. In a controlled lab setting, GM 6.5L dyno testing showed a 1.5-1.6% fuel economy improvement. In addition, lowviscosity oils achieve flow quickly during cold startups. Most engine wear occurs within the first two to five minutes of starting. However, conventional low-viscosity oils have not always provided adequate oil film at operating temperatures, which resulted in increased wear and made it difficult to obtain OEM approvals. Monolec Ultra Syn eliminates this problem with its ability to flow quickly in cold weather and maintain viscosity at operating temperatures. It also meets all major OEM approvals.
Monolec Ultra® Syn Heavy Duty Engine Oil lubricates parts faster, prevents wear during operation, and decreases fuel consumption – making it the smart choice for fleet managers and owner operators who want better fuel economy and reliable low temperature performance.
- Offers reliable performance and wear protection in heavy-duty diesel engines
- Achieves flow during cold startups, providing lubrication during critical early minutes
- Eliminates need for overnight auxiliary heaters, unless under extremely cold conditions
- Reduces gear temperatures by 5% to 15%
- Maintains film strength at operating temperatures
- Decreases fuel consumption by 1-3% over SAE 15W-40 oils
- Extends oil drain intervals* with specified filter changes and periodic oil analysis (ask Lubrication Technologies about the Xamine® Oil Analysis Program)
- Specially formulated to meet API CK-4 standards for low-emission engines
- Compatible for use with biodieselcontaining fuels
- Compatible for use in vehicles equipped with diesel particulate filters
- Works in conjunction with EGR engines to manage soot and other exhaust contaminants
- Low SAPS formula minimizes poisoning of SCR systems and particulate filtration traps
Lubrication Technologies, Inc.
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. has been an independent manufacturer's representative of Lubrication Engineers, Inc. for over 45 years. LE’s line of high-performance lubricants – manufactured and made of highly refined base oils and proprietary additives – far exceed the performance of conventional lubricants in a wide variety of industrial and automotive applications. Call our consultants at Lubrication Technologies (413) 788-5823
for more information on LE Products.