8104 Monolec® Two-Cycle Engine Oil (SAE 40)
Heavy Duty Formula Promotes Optimal Engine Performance
Monolec Two-Cycle Engine Oil (8104) is a heavy duty oil specifically formulated to provide outstanding lubrication for all two-cycle engines, allowing them to run smoother, cooler and more efficiently. Recommended applications include chainsaws, lawn mowers, portable generators,outboard motors, and similar two-cycle applications. It contains premium base oil for greater film strength, better lubricity and higher natural viscosity index than competitive products, and contains LE’s exclusive Monolec® additive for superior wear protection. This special formulation mixes easily with all types of gasoline and ensures optimal engine performance.
In two-cycle engines, lubrication is achieved by mixing the lubricant with the fuel, and using the fuel coming into the carburetor as a carrier for the oil. Lubrication of the entire engine must be accomplished in a single pass through the system. The fuel/oil/air mixture passes from the carburetor into the combustion chamber in a split second, where high temperatures instantly vaporize the gasoline. The oil, in droplet form, must lubricate all moving parts of the crankshaft, plus the piston and cylinder. If combustion of the oil is incomplete, or byproducts are deposited in the cylinder, serious problems can develop.
Enhances Engine Performance
- Enables faster starting
- Exhibits low volatility and low viscosity shear characteristics
- Promotes instantaneous mixing of oil and fuel, even at low temps
- Has excellent low-temp fluidity
- Improves overall performance
Reduces Maintenance & Extends Life of Parts
- Greatly reduces friction and wear
- Prevents internal rust even when engines are idle
- Protects and extends the life of crankshaft bearings better than ordinary oils
- Minimizes spark plug fouling; port clogging; ring deposits and sticking; piston scuffing and burning; and combustion chamber deposits
Is Easy, Versatile & Environmentally Friendly
- Mixes easily with all gasolines
- Pre-diluted to facilitate mixing at low temps
- Suitable for premix and injection systems
- Can be used where either SAE 30 or 40 oil is specified
- Burns cleanly, reducing air and water pollution
- Uses red dye to help identify when fuel has been treated
Performance Requirements Met or Exceeded
Outboard Motors (under 50 hp)
Snowmobiles (air-cooled engines)
Any other two-cycle gasoline engines
Contains petroleum distillates. Store away from heat or open flame
Use according to engine manufacturers’ recommended oil/ gasoline mixing ratios.
Suitable for pre-mix and injection systems
Lubrication Technologies, Inc.
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. has been an independent manufacturer's representative of Lubrication Engineers, Inc. for over 45 years. LE’s line of high-performance lubricants – manufactured and made of highly refined base oils and proprietary additives – far exceed the performance of conventional lubricants in a wide variety of industrial and automotive applications. Call our consultants at Lubrication Technologies (413) 788-5823
for more information on LE Products.