5182, 5180 & 5100 SYNTHETIC OPEN GEAR GREASE LUBRICANT
Heavy-Duty Synthetic Grease Provides Extreme Protection
Pyroshield Syn Open Gear Grease is a heavy-duty synthetic lubricant developed for large unshrouded open gears in the mining, mineral processing and cement industries, and for other severe service applications that require a lubricant with superior wear protection, exceptional load-carrying ability, outstanding tackiness and ease of application at various temperatures. It also works well for applications in which gears experience high point-of-contact temperatures of 327°C (620°F) and above.
A product of advanced lubricant technology providing boundary lubrication, unmatched performance and versatility, Pyroshield® Syn Open Gear Grease is formulated with high-viscosity 100 percent synthetic base oil, a non-melting thickening system and LE’s proprietary heat stable additives. It contains a synergistic mix of Almasol®, LE’s exclusive wear-reducing additive, and a unique combination of extreme pressure additives.
Almasol® solid wear-reducing additive is able to withstand extremely heavy loads, chemical attack and temperatures up to 1,900°F (1,038°C). It is attracted to metal surfaces, forming a microscopic layer but not building on itself or affecting clearances. Almasol minimizes metal-to-metal contact and the resulting friction, heat and wear.
5180 5182 Pyroshield Synthetic Open Gear Grease Lubricant
- Increases uptime
- Lengthens equipment life
- Lowers lubricant consumption
- Reduces maintenance
- Outperforms similar products in wear protection and load-carrying ability
- Carries 90-lb Timken OK load
- Resists shock loading
- Provides excellent oxidation resistance and rust protection
- Reduces noise in large open gears
- Clings tenaciously to surfaces
- Resists removal by water, heat and other severe conditions
Wide Temperature Range
- Does not thin or run at high temperatures
- Has no dropping point (will not melt)
- 5180 remains pumpable at low temperatures
- Works for open gears and heavily loaded sliding applications
- Comes in grades 0 and 2 to meet the needs of manual and automatic systems
- Also available in aerosol (5100)
- Centralized automatic lubrication systems
- Use where pumpable medium-EP grease is required
- Especially good for low-temperature grease applications
- For best results when switching to Pyroshield Syn Open Gear Grease, first clean the area of application with LE’s Duolec® Industrial Gear Oil (1609)
- NLGI 2 applied, 2 in use (5182)
- NLGI 0 applied, 2 in use (5180)
- Aerosol as applied, 2 in use (5100)
Using Pyroshield 5100 & 5180
- Use adequate ventilation if used indoors. These lubricants contain a safe, non-chlorinated solvent for improved pumpability and ease of application at low temperatures
- After application, the solvent evaporates. The resulting lubricant is an NLGI grade 2 grease.
- 5180 should not be further diluted with solvent, even if partial evaporation has occurred, as the functional characteristics could be altered
Performance Requirements Met or Exceeded
- 5180: Metso Mineral Grinding
- Various applications in the mining and mineral processing industry
- Open gears and slides
- Ball mill open gears
- Kiln open gears
- Bar screens
- Dipper sticks
- Circle rails
Lubrication Technologies, Inc.
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. is an independent manufacturer's representative for Lubrication Engineers, Inc. for over 45 years. LE’s line of high-performance lubricants – manufactured and made of highly refined base oils and proprietary additives – far exceed the performance of conventional lubricants in a wide variety of industrial and automotive applications. Call our consultants at Lubrication Technologies (413) 788-5823
for more information on LE Products.