6481-6482 ENDURE™ TURBINE OIL
Advanced formula provides superior oxidation stability & deposit control for gas combustion turbines
Formulated specifically for use in gas combustion turbines, Endure™ Turbine Oil (6481-6482) features a unique blend of highly refined base oils and proprietary additive technology. Its advanced formula provides superior oxidative and thermal stability while preventing varnish and sludge formation on critical surfaces. Endure Turbine Oil ensures long-lasting, trouble-free performance in gas combustion turbines, minimizing unplanned outages and maximizing uptime.
Oil problems are estimated to be the cause of nearly one-fifth of all forced turbine outages, according to “A Comprehensive Guide to Industrial Turbine Lubricants,” by Afton Chemical Corp. Chief among the various mechanisms inside a turbine system that can result in degradation of the oil while in service are oxidation and thermal degradation.
- Oxidation is the reaction of oxygen with a substance. When lubricants are exposed to oxygen, reactions occur that create new substances. For every 10°C (18°F) elevation in temperature, the rate of lubricant oxidation doubles, meaning at higher temperatures reactions speed up.
- Thermal degradation occurs during micro-dieseling, cavitation and static discharge events, which produce very high, localized temperatures that thermally degrade the oil molecules in a lubricant.
- Exhibits superior oxidative and thermal stability for long-term performance
- Inhibits varnish, sludge and deposit formation
- Exhibits superior air release properties and suppresses foam
- Provides outstanding rust, corrosion and anti-wear protection
- Separates readily from water
- Is filterable for long-term oil cleanliness
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. also carries LE's selection of Low Tox Turbine Oil (6412-6414) and Monolec Turbine Oil, as well as greases for industries where large open gears are in service, including: coal-fired power generation, mining (iron, copper and other minerals), cement.