1488-1487 ALMAMOLY™ HD GREASE
Solid Lubricant Grease with Calcium Sulfonate Complex Thickener Provides Lasting Protection for Heavy Mobile Equipment
Lubrication Engineers, Inc. formulated its solid lubricant-containing, calcium sulfonate-thickened Almamoly™ HD Grease for use in severe conditions such as high temperatures, heavy loads and water. This high-performance grease is intended for long-lasting use in heavyduty mobile equipment such as that used in construction, agriculture, open pit mining and road-building. It is available in two grades – NLGI 1 and 0 – to meet the needs of a variety of applications. The 0 grade grease is recommended for use in centralized lubrication systems at low temperatures.
Almamoly HD Grease contains Almasol®, LE’s proprietary solid additive as well as 5 percent molybdenum disulfide (also known as molydisulfide or moly). Compared to other solid lubricant-containing greases that rely on moly or graphite alone, Almamoly HD Grease’s synergistic combination of moly and Almasol gives it better wear resistance. This unique combination of solids helps ensure reliable lubrication, staying in place even when the lubricant is squeezed out of the contact zone due to extreme pressure (EP) or heavy shock loading. The calcium sulfonate complex thickener provides additional performance features that make this grease desirable for a variety of extreme conditions.
Solid additive combination
- Contains proprietary combination of Almasol and 5% moly
- Provides better wear-resistance than other greases containing solid lubricants, including those containing 5% moly alone
- Meets requirements of major OEMs
Calcium sulfonate complex thickener
- Inherently prevents rust & corrosion, in contrast to other thickeners
- Has very high dropping point
- Exhibits excellent mechanical stability
- Imparts outstanding EP properties, providing wear protection even when pound-out conditions occur
Reliable, long-lasting formula
- Has very low oil separation
- Stays in place for extended lubrication intervals
- NLGI 1 (1488)
- NLGI 0 (1487)
- Large mobile equipment used for agriculture, construction, open pit mining and roadbuilding, including articulated trucks, backhoes, bulldozers, conveyors, crushers, excavators, loaders and shovels.
- Swiveling and pivoting parts including articulated joints, bucket pins, sleeve bearings, pivot bearings, hinge pins, latches, locks, spindles, threaded parts, cams, and slides
- Other applications such as continuous casters, motor-operated steam valves, and underwater applications.
Lubrication Technologies, Inc.
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. is an independent manufacturer's representative for Lubrication Engineers, Inc. for over 45 years. LE’s line of high-performance lubricants – manufactured and made of highly refined base oils and proprietary additives – far exceed the performance of conventional lubricants in a wide variety of industrial and automotive applications. Call our consultants at Lubrication Technologies (413) 788-5823
for more information on LE Products.